Wednesday 1 August 2018

My Postgradlife Journey




I started my master's degree in February 2015 after graduated in November 2014 with so much doubts inside. This journey was totally different from my undergraduate study which was done via distance learning mode (I heart PJJ USM). 

Initially I felt so small and a bit of inferiority complex as many of my classmates are those experienced people in a senior position from various industries while I'm just who I'm. It took me a while to be able to mingle around, finding same wavelength and before I knew I was so immersed in my new life. 

I finished all core subjects within 4 semesters and here comes trouble-Research Project! Why I say so because I'm really not good in it. Academic research requires a lot of journal readings with critical mind that actively analysing all the facts and findings, and not to forget the ruthless editing skill throughout the writing process.

I was really racing against time and what a coincidence, work was crazy (not gonna talk about it) when the 5th semester started. I had to make a deferment of study when many things were seem unmanageable and I didn't wanna lose my mind. 

The next semester I passed my proposal defense and submitted my research report (Gender and Entrepreneurship: Understanding Factors Influencing Export Performance of Women Owned Companies) on 24/5/2018. 

Alhamdulillah, all praises be to Allah for giving me strength to endure this challenging journey. Thanks to my family, lecturers and friends for their encouragement and guidance - through ups and downs, hand - in hand and finally I made it through. 

Master of Communication (Integrated Marketing Communication)
February 2015 - June 2018, a journey to remember

No comments: